Surrey's Cultural Grants Program
The vision of the Cultural Grants Program is to support and enhance arts and heritage in Surrey through:
- Building organizational capability and sustainability in existing and new local cultural organizations;
- Investing in community-based cultural activities that promote awareness, access, participation and appreciation of arts and heritage; and
- Encouraging collaborative opportunities and partnerships.
Review the Surrey Cultural Grants Program Guidelines to find out if you are eligible for a Cultural Grant and how to apply.
Cultural Grants awarded in 2017
Grants are awarded in each of the following three (3) categories:
Capacity Building Grants
Under this category, grants are provided to qualified groups to support the organizations’ development needs, including but not restricted to any of the following:
- applying for registered not-for-profit status,
- Board development activities,
- marketing, and
- strategic planning.
Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations: up to $3,000
Non-Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations: up to $2,500
Under this category, grants are provided to encourage partnerships and collaborations that result in cultural programs and initiatives.
The grant award contributes up to fifty percent (50%) of the program budget on a matching basis, which could include in-kind contributions.
Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations, with a Project Budget greater than $50,000: up to $10,000
Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations, with a Project Budget less than $50,000: up to $5,000
Non-Registered Not-for-Profit Organizations: up to $5,000
Cultural Sustainability Grants
Under this category, grants are provided to assist with costs for an organization to provide cultural-based servicing in the City. Such a grant would be a "one-time" grant.
The applicant would need to provide a business plan as part of its application that demonstrates economic viability and includes demonstration of secured funding for at least eighty percent (80%) of the current year’s budget for the organization.
The grant is limited to the lesser of $5,000 or twenty percent (20%) of the organization’s annual budget and could recognize the value of in-kind contributions by the organization.
Previously awarded Cultural Grants
- Background and Benefits
- 2013 Cultural Grants Awarded
- 2014 Cultural Grants Awarded (R006: Surrey Cultural Grants Program - 2014 Grants)
- 2015 Cultural Grants Awarded (R006: Surrey Cultural Grants Program - 2015 Grants)
- 2016 Cultural Grants Awarded (R041: Cultural Grants Program - 2016 Grants)
Sign up for Surrey's Cultural Grants Program e-newsletter, which will be sent out up to four times a year (select "Cultural Grants Program").
Email email@example.com for more information about the Cultural Grants Program.
Feature image: SOFIA Collective receiving award package, presented by Councillor Villeneuve during the Cultural Grants Program 2013 Awards Celebration, photographed by Brian Giebelhaus.