November 11, 2014
Surrey Remembers at the Surrey Museum and Surrey Archives
After the ceremony, join us in the Museum to warm up and enjoy activities:
- Children can make “peaceful crafts,” such as tissue paper poppies and thankful artwork, to commemorate the day.
- Write thank you notes on postcards that will be delivered to Lower Mainland veterans and their families.
- View WWII documentary videos in the Museum’s theatre.
- Attend a presentation of "Soldier of the Horse" on the Canadian Cavalry with local author Robert Mackay. Visit Robert Mackay's blog.
- Watch demonstrations of weaving and spinning in the Textile Studio. See a heritage loom used to rehabilitate veterans and try your hand at weaving on the Museum’s table loom.
- Warm up with hot chocolate and cookies.
Join us in the Archives across the plaza for these activities:
- View wartime documents in our Reference Room.
- Warm up with coffee and tea in the Multi-Purpose Room.
Drop in, Admission by donation
Location: Surrey Museum, 17710 - 56A Avenue
Time: 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Town Centre: Cloverdale