Heritage Sites in North Surrey
Built between 1950 and 1955 in traditional style, with square partially inset bell towers flanking front elevation, centred by octagonal dom [...]
Edwardian style built in 1911, vertically proportioned with recessed cove-front gable end with flared eaves, upper section of front door gla [...]
Craftsman-influenced style built c. 1935, featuring gabled dormer over open curved entrance porch, balusters arranged in pairs and triples, [...]
The first regular crossing of the Fraser River was in 1882 via the steam ferry, "K de K", which transported wagons and passengers from the " [...]
Craftsman style circa 1913, features large shed dormer at front, triangular braces at gable ends, diamond shaped leaded window between main [...]
Venacular farmhouse built C. 1933, features jerkinhead roof, wooden windows with leaded glass.
Built in 1949 following rapid development along King George Highway as commercial focus for Whalley. Features neon sign and facade surfaced [...]
Planted in the 1930's, this area of Green Timbers has over 100 native trees, including some rare species.
In 1930, the Green Timbers Inaugural Plantation was established as the first reforestation project in British Columbia. A tree nursery and a [...]
This area was planted in 1990 on the 60th anniversary of the Inaugural Plantation being established. Near by is the 2 billionth forestry tre [...]
See the heritage register for Green Timbers - English Oaks Grove by 96 Ave.
The Green Timbers Inaugural Forest Plantation is located in Green Timbers, a natural area in the northern part of the City. It consists of a [...]
Unstyled Vernacular Homestead, possibly built in two sections c. 1900-1907, on a stone foundation featuring wing with narrow steep pitched r [...]
Craftsman style 1½ storeys built c. 1914, with corbelled chimney, central front gabled porch with large squared columns, squared oriels on e [...]
Forming the central circus in the residential section from which the streets of Port Mann were laid out, Lorne Circus is valued as one of th [...]
See the north portion built in 1906, south extension c. 1923, in Homestead style.
Various styles, with tongue and groove siding, low pitched gable roofs and pediment at gable front finished with fishscale shingles common t [...]
Built c.1925 in Craftsman-influenced style, with asymmetrical placement of front entrance and gable, chamfered side gables with narrow recta [...]
Built in 1898 combining Queen Anne detailing, with Italianate-inspired styles. Features turned post balusters, chamfered porch posts, pedime [...]
Double-faced neon sign built c. 1963 featuring rickshaw and rickshaw driver, supported by chopsticks
Built in 1892 in Folk Victorian style, Robert was son of pioneers James and Caroline Kennedy. Features front porch with jigsaw cut trim rail [...]
Unstyled commercial built c. 1945, some influence of Modernism, little alteration with front parapet covering gable, panels arranged in parq [...]
Unstyled Vernacular commercial structure built in 1908 as South Westminster’s first grocery store and post office. Features gambrel roof on [...]
Tudor Revival/Carpenter Gothic style, built c. 1914 for rapidly developing community served by several new railways. Features open raked eav [...]
Late Tudor Revival style including flat arches in east windows, side porch timbering, doorways, interior archways and ceiling pitch. Massive [...]
Built in 1911 in Tudor Revival style, featuring flared eaves, main and dormer gables, decorative half-timber with vertical and horizontal bo [...]