Surrey Archives Donations
Help Tell Surrey's Story
We're looking for your help to keep Surrey's history alive through historical donations. If you, your business or community group have items to donate, please contact the Archivist at 604-502-6458 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accepted donation examples
- Audio recordings
- Documentary art
The Archivist will review all donation offers with the criteria for acceptance in mind. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Degree to which the records relate to the history, culture and character of Surrey
- Presence of unique documentary evidence significant to the history of Surrey
- Quality, rarity, historical, scientific or technical value of the records
- Completeness of the records
- Relationship to existing collections
- Physical condition and conservation needs
Items are freely donated without conditions. Legal ownership, including copyright, is transferred by deed of gift to the City of Surrey, which holds all of its heritage collections in trust for the people of Surrey and British Columbia.
If you have any questions about Surrey Archive donations please contact the Archivist at 604-502-6458 or email@example.com.
About the Photo Above
This photo is of a group of people going to work on a strawberry farm near King George Highway and Colebrook Road in 1946. The photograph is part of a larger donation from Bessie Bonar. Ref. 2015.0010.15.