South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre
Address and contact information
14601 - 20 Avenue Surrey, BC V4A 9P5
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday: 6am to 10pm
Saturday and Sunday: 8am to 8pm
There are 3 ways to find programs in South Surrey:
- Use the search tool and WebReg.
- Browse the South Surrey Community Recreation Guide
- Browse the online Surrey Recreation Guide
About the South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre
The South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre is an eco-friendly, state-of-the art recreation and arts facility that offers programs for all ages, all cultures and all fitness levels. We offer registered and drop-in programs for early years, preschool, children, youth, adult, fitness and seniors 55+, and seasonal and summer camps.
Facility features include:
- 8,000 sq. ft. Fitness Centre (wheelchair accessible) - 40+ pieces of cardio equipment, functional fitness weight training equipment, wide selection of machines and free weights (5-75lbs) and stretching area
- Over 4,000 sq. ft. of fitness space including a new fitness studio with a hardwood sprung floor, 2 walls of mirrors and TRX suspension training classes
- Spin Studio for registered and drop-in spin cycling classes
- 3 dedicated arts spaces operated by Semiahmoo Arts - Turnbull Gallery, Pottery Studio and Scotiabank Arts Studio
- 2 full-sized gymnasiums and a multi-purpose gymnasium
- 2 preschool rooms, a new childminding room, a community lounge, and a youth lounge
- 2 Public Art Displays
- Connections Cafe (opening Fall 2014) will be open daily and will serve coffee, tea, other refreshments, baked goods and savory items to meet everyone's needs.
View our Fall 2014 Drop-In Schedule for gymnasium, fitness and spin drop-in activities from September 2nd to December 21st.
Fall Registration is open! Register your children in some of our great activities or register yourself in a fitness, sport or art program! View our Fall Community Recreation Guidefor more information.
NOW OPEN! - Connections Cafe by Sources! This cafe will be open in the South Surrey Recreation & Arts Centre, serving coffee, tea, other refreshments, baked goods, snacks and sandwiches for everyone's needs!
Join us at the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre on Saturday October 25 for our Harvest Celebration! This is a great family event that celebrates the fall season! Stop by for some pumpkin decorating, fall crafts and games and line dancing! Snacks and refreshments will be served. $3 per family, register today at surrey.ca/register or by calling 604-592-6970, registration number 4372922.
Celebrate ACTIVE LIVING MONTH with the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre! On Sunday, October 26 from 10:00am-11:30am, we are hosting a FREE YOGA EVENT! Learn how to do yoga poses, play games and learn breathing exercises. All ages are welcome! Join us after the class for refreshments and meet the instructors. Register in advance with #4388771 or call 604-592-6970.
Sunday, October 26, 2014Select a different day
- This event lasts for 90+ minutes
- Early sign-up