Skip navigation

Important Documents

Medical Insurance

You will need medical insurance to visit a doctor, hospital or walk-in clinic in Surrey, B.C. Register as soon as you plan on moving to British Columbia and consider getting private insurance while you are waiting for your application to be approved.

Social Insurance Number

You must apply for a social insurance number (SIN) to work in Canada. After your application is approved you will be given a SIN card.

Driver's Licence

British Columbia residents must have a B.C. driver's licence to drive a car.

BC Identification Card

If you don’t have a driver’s licence you can also look into applying for a handy wallet-sized card that can be used as your photo identification.  This is called a BC Identification card.

Translation of Important Documents

Do you have important documents that need to be translated?