Public Safety Strategy
Taking Action Together
Our vision is a community where everyone is safe and engaged.
Our mission is to work together across sectors to make measurable results.
Surrey's new Public Safety Strategy, launched October 2016, is the result of work from dozens of staff members and over 1600 people across Surrey. It is built off of the completed Surrey Crime Reduction Strategy and outlines the purpose and scope of the plan, our public safety model, and how we consulted our community. It is based on the three guiding goals of public safety:
- Increased feelings of safety in our community.
- Improved quality of life for everyone.
- Improved civic participation and engagement.
4 Key Priorities of Public Safety Strategy
Public consultation and meetings with groups, committees and key partners formed the goals and priorities of Surrey's Public Safety Strategy. The priorities reflect leading approaches to crime reduction, safe transportation and situational crime prevention, capacity building and education initiatives for early intervention, and integration of services that address the root causes of vulnerability in the community. The four priorities of Surrey's Public Safety Strategy are:
Public Safety Groups, Committees & Key Partners
There are many partners that do work towards our vision of a city which is safe and engaged.
- Surrey Police
- Surrey Fire Service
- City of Surrey Bylaws
- Legal Department
- City of Surrey Social Planning
- City of Surrey Sustainability
- City of Surrey Parks Recreation and Culture
- Surrey Libraries
- City of Surrey Engineering and Transportation
- Surrey Community Associations
- Surrey Businesses
- Surrey Community Agencies
- Surrey Schools