A Farmers Market is an event where vendors make, bake, grow or raise the products they sell, and where the majority of vendors are selling farm products from British Columbia (definition courtesy of the ).
Farmers Markets in Surrey
There is currently one Farmers Market operating in Surrey.
Theis located in the new Civic Plaza, at Surrey's new City Hall at 13450 104th Avenue.
Summer markets are held outdoors every week on Wednesday from 1pm to 6PM, June through October. Check their website for this year's dates.
Benefits of Farmers Markets
When you shop at a Farmers Market, you:
- talk to the people who grow your food and support local jobs,
- eat fresher and healthier products,
- meet your neighbours and participate in community life
- support sustainable growing practices and the humane treatment of animals,
- protect our farmland, as well as the biodiversity it supports, and
- reduce your impact on the environment by choosing products that travel less distance.
If you know of other Farmers Markets in Surrey, we'd like to include them on this webpage so please let us know at email@example.com.