Skip navigation

Parking Obstruction Inquiry

Construction vehicle on street

For work on public roads, the City of Surrey must grant approval before any shoulder, sidewalk, parking lane, travel lane, or any other portion of road is blocked off.

You will need Parking Obstruction Approval if you need to temporarily block parking on local roads or on a parking lane and will not be affecting any other portion of the road.


Use this online form to make your parking inquiry..

Approved Uses

Parking obstruction approvals are not meant as a service for residents to reserve parking for their own private needs. However, projects and large events that require parking lane obstructions, such as moving trucks, may apply for one.

If any other portion of the road needs to be blocked off you will need to instead apply for a Traffic Obstruction Permit.

Other application information