Skip navigation

Hydrant Use Permit

The City of Surrey allows the use of hydrants to supply water for temporary usage on construction projects.

How to apply

Complete the application form. Once the form is completed, bring it to the Engineering Front Counter at City Hall (13450 104 Ave) or call 604-591-4340 (ext 5) for more information.


For the cost of hydrants, please see Schedule D1 of Surrey Water Bylaw.

Other permit information

    Collapse/Expand All
  • Backflow preventer requirement expand
  • Backflow preventer requirement

    A backflow preventer device is required to be installed when using a City hydrant for construction.

    This device will be supplied by the City but the applicant is responsible to safeguard it and return it in the same condition to avoid additional charges.

    Follow these hydrant use instructions to safely remove and re-attach the hydrant backflow preventer.

  • Related information expand