Skip navigation

Water Use for Construction Purposes

Water filling station in South Surrey

The City's water may be used for construction purposes in the following ways:

Water Filling Station

Currently the City has 3 filling stations located at:

  • South Surrey Athletic Park (14600 22 Ave)
  • Bridgeview (11470 131 St)
  • Cloverdale (5337 180 St)

As of June 1, 2017, a Pre-Paid Access card will be required to access the water fill stations. Acceptable forms of payment include Cash, Cheque and Interac. Credit cards are not accepted.

The cards can be purchased at the Property and Payment Services counter located at:

  • City Hall (13450 104 Ave)
  • Surrey Operations Centre (6651 148 St)

The card purchase fee is $35 + applicable taxes. The water usage rate for 2017 is $0.9660 per cubic meter.  For example, loading $50 on the prepaid card will give 51.75 Cubic meters of water or 51,759 litres in 2017.

Terms and Conditions: Bulk Water Station Pre-Paid Access Card

Please note this card has the following restrictions:

  • This card is non-transferrable and the credit amount purchased on this card will not be refunded.  Please load the card in appropriate increments.
  • If this card is lost or stolen, the balance on the card cannot be transferred to a new card or refunded.  This card should be kept secure and protected at all times.
  • If this card is damaged and a replacement card is needed, you will need to pay the card purchase fee of $35 + applicable taxes.
  • To access the card terminal at the water fill station the box has a combination lock (7926).
  • The Bulk Water Fill station will display the balance remaining when this card is used. To reload the balance on this card, please visit the Property and Payment Services counter at City Hall or the Surrey Operations Centre.

Technical issues with the water fill station can be reported to Grant Heska at 604-598-7924.

Additional water filling stations planned

The City will be installing an additional 4 water filling stations at the following locations:

  • 36 Avenue and 190 Street
  • 54A Avenue and Panorama Drive
  • 90 Avenue and 124 Street
  • 96 Avenue and 186 Street
  • 9353 160 Street

If you have any questions as to these new locations, please email

Hydrant Use

Find out how to get a hydrant use permit here.

A Water Service Connection

  • The existing water service connection may be repurposed for temporary usage during construction; or
  • The ultimate water service connection to be temporarily repurposed for usage during construction; or
  • A new interim water service connection to be installed for usage during construction.

For service connection, please make an application and refer to Schedule D of the Water Bylaw for fees.

For any of the cases above, a water meter (if not yet installed) has to be installed along with a backflow preventer device for existing or the new water service connection used for construction.