Water Use for Construction Purposes
The City's water may be used for construction purposes in the following ways:
Water Filling Station
Currently the City has 3 filling stations located at:
- South Surrey Athletic Park (14600 22 Ave)
- Bridgeview (11470 131 St)
- Cloverdale (5337 180 St)
Payment of the fees as listed in Schedule D of the water bylaw is required to use any of these filling stations. To make an application, call 604-598-7926 or 604-598-7924.
Find out how to get a hydrant use permit here.
A Water Service Connection
- The existing water service connection may be repurposed for temporary usage during construction; or
- The ultimate water service connection to be temporarily repurposed for usage during construction; or
- A new interim water service connection to be installed for usage during construction.
For service connection, please make an application and refer to Schedule D of the Water Bylaw for fees.
For any of the cases above, a water meter (if not yet installed) has to be installed along with a backflow preventer device for existing or the new water service connection used for construction.