Land Use Bylaws
Several bylaws and policies regulate building and land development in Surrey. Development projects that comply with these guidelines and requirements help our city grow and realize its goal as a community and meet our sustainability objectives.
For example, Surrey's Zoning Bylaw 12000 contains the regulations for each type of zoning in Surrey. All properties in Surrey have a legal zoning classification that specifies the types of buildings allowed, the uses or activities that can take place on that property, and other regulations including building size, siting on the property and parking.
- Surrey Zoning Bylaw 12000
- Surrey Zoning Bylaw 12000 Schedules
- Official Community Plan Bylaw No. 18020
- Building Bylaw 9011
- Development Cost Charges (DCC) By-law No. 18148
- Drainage Bylaw 16610
- District Energy System Bylaw
- Erosion and Sediment Control Bylaw 16138
- Land Use and Development Application Fees Bylaw 11631
- Sewer Bylaw 16611
- Sign Bylaw 13656
- Subdivision Bylaw 8830
- Soil Conservation and Protection Bylaw
- Tree Protection Bylaw 16100
- Water Bylaw 16337
- Public Safety E-Comm Radio Building Amplification System Bylaw
The list provided here is a reference guide for development-related bylaws - this list is not comprehensive. All active City Bylaws that apply to development are part of the City of Surrey Bylaw Library.