Skip navigation

Property & Building Information

Nearly all residential property and building information you would access at City Hall is available online. Tools like the Property Report, City of Surrey Mapping Online System (COSMOS) and the Buildings Records Search give you instant access to

  • zoning,
  • maximum house sizes,
  • utility connections,
  • land use, and
  • assessment value.

Property Report

Search by address with the Property Report to find a Surrey property's map, legal description, assessment values and utility connections.

Zoning, land use, underground utility lookup

Use COSMOS to find out a property's zoning, or about land use, and underground utilities.

See more COSMOS training videos

Maximum house size and lot size search in COSMOS

Follow these steps to find the maximum house size and lot size in COSMOS. Work with your designer to meet the siting/construction perimeters once you've determined them.

  1. Select 'City Map' from the map type selection prompt, enter the address under 'Address Search' and hit enter.
  2. On the left hand side of the page under 'Search Results' you will see a wide variety of information about your property.
  3. Click the 'Print Property Report' link to generate all of the pertinent information into an easy to read report. The size of home you can build is based on each lot's zone.
    Under the 'Zoning Details' heading you will find the zone that your lot falls into (it will be two letters such as RF, RA, RF-12, etc).
  4. Click on the zone highlighted in blue and it will bring you to the By-law Library. Here you will find information regarding maximum building size, lot coverage, setback requirements, building height and more.

Building Information

Use the Building Records Search to find:

  • A copy of your survey certificate (to show property lines)
  • Copy of a Building Permit (includes issuance date)
  • Final occupancy information
  • Square footage of a building
  • Copy of survey certificate
  • Inspection notes
  • Oil/Gas/Septic tank information

Building Records Search

Building plan copies

The City may have floor plans on file for your home. To see if plans are available, call the Building Records Centre at 604-591-4369. Once we've confirmed plans are available, visit the 2nd floor Customer Service Counter at City Hall to have your plans printed for the appropriate fee.

Plans are printed for a fee which is payable by debit, credit or cheque. If you are an agent acting on behalf of the owner, you will need to present the front counter staff with an Owner Authorization Form signed by both yourself and the property's registered owner(s).

Engineering drawings (as-builts)

Find a list of matching engineering drawings (as-builts) to open, view, save, or print.

Enter part of the project number in the box.