Recycling in Surrey
Single and Multi-Family Household Recycling
Recycling and reusing material is a big part of the City's commitment to reducing waste in Surrey.
The City of Surrey picks up recycling for both single-family and multi-family households every other week. Find out what alternative disposal options are available for items not accepted in your cart.
Crush Those Recyclables!
Please Remember to...
- Place materials loose in cart
- Flatten and cut boxes to fit inside cart
- Bundle extra flattened boxes and place beside your cart (tape and staples are accepted)
- Place shredded paper in a firmly-tied clear, colourless plastic bag
- Empty and rinse containers, and recycle all caps and lids
- Put metal lids inside cans and squeeze slightly to avoid sharp edges
- Ensure lids and contents are removed before recycling your single-use coffee pods
- Return deposit beverage containers for refund
- Remove leftover food, plastic liners and wrap from flats
- If you consistently have overfilled carts, request an additional or larger cart (delivery fees will apply)
Help Reduce Contamination
Placing unacceptable materials in the recycling cart negatively impacts the recycling process as they must be removed at the processing facility. It's far easier, and less costly, if we all do our part to ensure that we are only placing acceptable materials into the recycling cart..
For unaccepted items, see the alternative disposal options, check , or contact the at 604-732-9253.
Learn about the stewardship program for managing end-of-life Packaging and Printed Paper implemented across BC
Find Surrey locations to drop off your old appliances, used car oil and see what to do with your old mattress.
See what happens to your plastic bottle, cardboard box, or other recyclable item after you put it in your recycling bin.