2016/2017 Surrey Fire Service Career Hiring Process
The 2016/2017 Career Firefighter Hiring Process opens November 9, 2016. We accept electronic applications from qualified applicants. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 pm on December 2, 2016. No applications will be accepted after this time and date. The following is an estimation of hiring process timeline:
- Electronic applications accepted from November 9 until 4:30 pm on December 2, 2016
- Driver's Abstract Review. Applicants who are successful at stage 2 will be asked to submit their current Driver's Abstract in December 2016
- Psychometric screening to take place on January 3 and 4, 2017
- Physical Fitness Testing to take place February 4, 5, 11 and 12, 2017
- Skills Refresher Course February 18, 19
- Ride-Alongs will take place between February 23 – March 22
- Interviews will take place between March 6 – April 7
- References/Police Information Check to take place April 2017
- Conditional offers of employment and Medical assessment/First responder suitability assessment to be completed in April/May 2017
- Offers of employment completed in May 2017
- Gear fitting, uniform fitting and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) fit testing to take place in May 2017
- Employment commences May 29, 2017
All of the dates provided are subject to change. This timeline is meant to provide applicants with a rough guideline to the process. Only candidates who are successful in each stage of the process will advance through the entire process.
Firefighter Application Manual
You must download and carefully read the current Firefighter Application Manual before you submit your application.
The manual provides a step-by-step guide through the hiring process and will help you avoid mistakes that may affect your application.