Walking in Surrey
Pedestrian safety and convenience are a big part of the Transportation Strategic Plan in Surrey. With 50% of the public saying they're deterred from walking by a lack of sidewalks, we've made it a priority to build up walking infrastructure in Surrey.
Helping you walk more in Surrey
- Save money by walking to transit in Surrey along new sidewalks.
- Help the environment by choosing walking as a sustainable travel option.
- Pick a safe, new way to get to school with help from the Safe & Active Schools Program.
- Meet people in your community walking on sidewalks in your town centre.
- Improve your health with walking along Surrey's greenways.
Go the extra mile and give us your idea of how we can improve walking in Surrey. EMail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any of your ideas, comments or questions on walking in Surrey.
Find out how sidewalks are built in Surrey and how we prioritize building new sidewalks in the city.
See how we decide when to install a crosswalk in Surrey.
Learn how our Safe Mobility Plan will help improve road safety in Surrey.
See how we're encouraging students to walk and cycle more to school in Surrey.
Explore how Surrey's Walking and Cycling Plans will help improve accessibility, transportation options, and safety for vulnerable road users [...]
See photos of our past projects and learn about sidewalk and pedestrian projects planned in Surrey.
Review the Greenways Master Plan and discover almost 90 kilometres of existing Surrey greenways, and more than 350 kilometres planned.
Report a Surrey street light outage, or learn the steps to have a street light installed, removed or moved.