Culture & Community
We're evolving, so change here is almost constant. And we're all taking the opportunity to transform it everyday, both at work, and in the community.
Diversity, teamwork and inclusion are important here. As a team, our employees collaborate towards the progressive, vibrant environment around us that is a safe and healthy place to live and work.
Planning technician, economic development analyst or equipment operator — it doesn't matter the position, we're all rooted in our core values of community, innovation, integrity, service and teamwork.
We don't just work for the community - we're part of it. We're constantly looking for ways to give back to the community. So far, we've
- worked with the Surrey School District to sponsor a Youth Mentorship Program. Here, selected high school students learn valuable life skills that promote communication and responsibility. Several students have been hired by the City of Surrey upon graduation.
- been part of programs targeting women looking to improve their English language skills.
- partnered with SDISS (Surrey Delta Immigrant Services Society), PICS (Progressive Intercultural Community Services Society) and Success and Surrey Community Services enabling cross-referrals, translation services and joint promotions.
Many of us also give back to the Surrey community as a Surrey volunteer.
Because we're part of the City, many of our departments work closely with community partners to get their job done and deliver on our City values.
- Community Safety & Crime Reduction Community Partners
- Kensington Prairie Community Centre Community Partners
- Volunteering Community Partners
- Partners in Sustainability
- Community Resource Maps from Social Planning
- Business Partners in Economic Development
- Diversity & Inclusion Community Partners
Share our community goals and culture and discover your job or career opportunities today.