Outdoor Sports Advisory Committee
The Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee is an example of Surrey Parks, Recreation and Culture's focus on community development. The committee is designed to be a venue for meaningful citizen participation in decision making.
Mission: To promote and foster cooperation between outdoor sport service providers in the City of Surrey.
- To provide a fair and equitable forum for outdoor sport service providers to collectively address issues of common concern and seek out mutually beneficial solutions.
- To advise the Parks, Recreation and Culture Commission on Parks, Recreation and Culture issues, policies and planning in order to advance quality organized outdoor sport and recreation opportunities in our community.
- To maximize ongoing cooperation, communication and harmony between all outdoor sport service providers.
- To provide information to residents on available outdoor sport services.
- To enhance the delivery of outdoor sport services.
All outdoor sport service provider groups will be represented on the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee executive. They currently include:
- Adult Soccer/Adult Ball Hockey/Lacrosse
- School Board/Slo-pitch/Tennis
- Track & Field/Youth Soccer
- Youth Softball/Fastball
- Cricket/Field Hockey/Field Lacrosse
The preceding list may be refined by the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee as necessary. Contact the Outdoor Sport Advisory Committee for more information
- Tel: (604) 501-5174
- Fax: (604) 501-5177