About Mayor Hepner
Linda M. Hepner was elected Mayor of Surrey on November 15th, 2014 after serving nine years on City Council.
Her commitment to the community is a product of a life nurtured right here, having worked up the ranks within the City of Surrey for over 20 years, most recently as the Manager of Economic Development before being elected to Council in 2005.
The Mayor’s work on City Council to date has focused on providing residents from Whalley to Semiahmoo with the ability, opportunity and amenities to live in well-balanced communities that provide jobs and promote economic viability, sustainability and livability.
She has directed several key initiatives on City Council including:
- Advocating for the inclusion of approximately 468 acres into the regional Green Zone as conservation/recreational area
- Spearheading the continued economic development of Surrey’s City Centre through the organization of the annual Regional Economic Summit and advancing the Mayor’s Investment Action Plan
- Spearheading the Clean Energy & Technology Action Plan
- Representing Surrey on a regional level through ongoing participation on the Metro Vancouver Board of Directors, the Regional Planning and Agriculture Committee, and the Utilities Committee.
- Representing Surrey on the Federation of Canadian Municipalities (FCM) as a Director and a member of the Standing Committee on International Relations, Standing Committee on Community Safety and Crime Prevention and the Standing Committee on Increasing Women's Participation in Municipal Government.
Office phone: 604-591-4126
Mailing: 13450 104 Avenue
Surrey, BC V3T 1V8