Surrey has been my home for close to 25 years and it has been my honour to serve on City Council since 2005. My wife Pav and I are proud residents of Surrey’s Fraser Heights neighbourhood, where we are raising our three young children.
I am privileged to be part of a new generation of leadership for Surrey City Council. My service in elected office has been guided by my fundamental belief that the job of an elected official is to give voice to all my constituents. I also believe that the duty of a Council member is to constantly work toward responsible growth and development in the creation of a fiscally sound and socially progressive city.
Two of my most significant achievements to date are first, my Chairmanship of the Finance Committee and second, spearheading custom recreation opportunities for the community with innovative buildings and new world-class sport fields. I am also proud that I was a founding Director of the Surrey Homelessness and Housing Society.
I am also Chief Financial Officer for Coast Mental Health, the largest, non-profit mental health agency in B.C.
- Promoting responsible fiscal leadership utilizing my professional accounting background to further facilitate financial policies and strategies to ensure that public funds are used in the most beneficial and responsible manner;
- Finding solutions to our transportation needs here in Surrey;
- Supporting young families and providing the best opportunities for healthy activities – including advocating for more soccer fields, cricket pitches, community rooms and recreation centres;
- Advocating for the citizens of Surrey through ongoing community participation, including meeting personally with residents, often new immigrants, and assisting them by interpreting issues and working with staff to resolve concerns.
- Finance Committee (Chair)
- Police Commitee
- Transportation & Infrastructure Committee (Chair)
- Parks, Recreation & Sport Tourism Committee
- Audit Committee (Chair)
- Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel (Chair)
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors (Alternate)
- Metro Vancouver Performance & Procurement
- Support to valuable non-profit organizations and fundraising campaigns that have benefited Surrey Memorial Hospital, Canadian Red Cross Tsunami Relief Fund, Nargis Dutt Cancer Foundation, Children’s Hospital and Canadian Blood Services;
- Supported the creation of novel community room project which provides safe, weather protected, area for seniors to gather at North Surrey Community Park.
- Strengthened financial policies and strategies to ensure that public funds are utilized in the most beneficial and responsible manner;
- Striving to end homelessness through serving as Vice-Chair of the Surrey Homelessness and Housing Society and ensuring fiscal leadership in terms of how funds are used to best alleviate the issue of homelessness in Surrey;
- Former Director of the Healthcare Benefit Trust (HBT) which is a not-for-profit health and welfare trust that administers employee benefits on behalf of participating employers and provides group health and welfare benefits;
- Spearheaded development of Surrey's new corporate visual identity, "The Future Lives Here" and the City's new logo;
- Participated in community events representing City Council and always ensuring that Surrey citizens have an avenue open to approach their elected officials.
Office Phone: (604) 591-4634
To view Council Financial Statements please click here.