Rick Hart Named 'Good Citizen of the Year'
May 5, 2016
Surrey, BC – Surrey City Council named Rick Hart this year’s Good Citizen of the Year at the City’s annual volunteer services celebration. The event was established by the City of Surrey to honour an exceptional individual that has demonstrated commitment and dedication toward making Surrey a better place to live.
“As an active community advocate and leader for the past 25 years, Rick Hart is a most deserving winner of this year’s Good Citizen of the Year Award,” said Mayor Linda Hepner. “While Rick is known affectionately as Mr. Fleetwood for all the work he has done for that community, his contributions extend to our city as a whole. Rick’s selfless dedication has made our City a better place to live and work for all.”
Rick’s dedication to Surrey is visible in the many community projects he has spearheaded in the Fleetwood area of Surrey. Some of Rick’s notable contributions include:
- Commissioner, Surrey Heritage Advisory Commission
- Fleetwood Community Association President
- Fleetwood Business Improvement Association
- Fleetwood Festival Founder
- Light Rail Links Coalition Member and Spokesperson
- Contributed to the creation of:
- Francis Park
- Bucci Park
- Fleetwood Town Centre Plan
- Surrey Sports & Leisure Complex including the Fleetwood Youth Park & Bonnie Schrenk Park
The Good Citizen award recipient is chosen by Council and is presented to a City of Surrey resident who has given outstanding services for the betterment of the community.
For media inquiries:
Office of the Mayor
City of Surrey
604-591-4519 | OWLum@surrey.ca