Friendly Reminders for a Safe and Fun Summer
June 25, 2015
With the summer season and hot, sunny weather upon us, here are few simple tips to ensure everyone has a safe and fun summer in the City of Surrey.
- The temperature in a parked car, even in the shade with the windows partly open, can rapidly reach a level that will seriously harm or even kill your pet.
- Please be aware of the summer sprinkling regulations and be mindful to conserve water.
- Open burning is not permitted anywhere in the city, this includes outdoor fireplaces, chimney's and campfires, unless they are propane or gas supplied.
- Charcoal barbeques are not permitted in City Parks or on City Beaches.
- Smoking is prohibited in all parks, including athletic parks, recreational facilities and parking lots. Do not dispose of cigarettes on grass, in parks or out of car windows.
- The warm weather and longer days bring more people outdoors. With more social gatherings in backyards, please be courteous to your neighbours.
City of Surrey By-law Officers are on patrol 7 days a week and are available to deal with any by-law related issue by contacting 604-591-4370. The City of Surrey also has additional park patrols during the peak summer season.
For program information:
Manager, By-law & Licensing Services
City of Surrey
For media inquiries: