I moved to Surrey in 1998 and have since spent decades working in the non-profit sector, focusing on anti-violence, employment, poverty reduction, crime prevention, housing and homelessness, and community economic development – all of which are also issues facing Surrey today.
My partner Jen and I, live in Guildford and are parents to two grown children and grandparents to five. We both have deep connections in our neighbourhood, enjoying our community garden plot in Holly Park, as well as the walking and biking trails of Green Timbers.
With a degree in Business and Liberal Studies from Simon Fraser University, I bring a solid mix of business sense and a passion for social justice to my community work. As a Surrey City Councillor, and as a member of the non-partisan Surrey First team, I aim to transcend politics to meet the needs of the citizens of Surrey.
Committees & Community Groups (Surrey & Metro Vancouver)
- Surrey Homelessness & Housing Society, and worked with the Society’s Board of Directors and Foundation
- Poverty Reduction Coalition to develop the Surrey Poverty Reduction Plan
- Finance Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Police Committee
- Social Policy Advisory Committee
- Audit Committee
- Investment & Innovation Committee
- Parcel Tax Roll Committee
- Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Mayor's Business Advisory Committee
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors (Alternate)
Through the Surrey Homelessness & Housing Society’s Board of Directors, almost $3million in funding was distributed to organizations working with Surrey’s most vulnerable.
I worked with the Poverty Reduction Coalition to develop the Surrey Poverty Reduction Plan, including THIS (Transportation, Housing, Income and Support) is How we End Poverty in Surrey – a framework for making a difference for all low-income individuals. The plan was endorsed by City Council in July of 2012.
Office Phone: 604-591-4347
To view Council Financial Statements please click here.