My wife and I have been Surrey citizens since 1986. I'm proud to have served in the RCMP for forty-three years. My career encompassed general patrol, drug enforcement and administration responsibilities.
My service was primarily in Burnaby and Surrey detachments. After serving as the District Commander for Cloverdale/Port Kells for eight years, I retired as Surrey Detachment’s first Staff Sergeant Major.
There are many areas of municipal affairs in Surrey that are of particular interest to me.
Community safety, addressing homelessness, and the operation of unregulated drug recovery houses are important focuses for me. Further areas of interest include:
- Recreational development and the preservation of park space for families to enjoy
- Business development and continued redevelopment of the Surrey Central’s downtown core
- Taxes that remain reasonable but realistic so as a community we continue to pay for services that we need in a way that is affordable for families
- Property ownership and facility development which attract families and businesses to Surrey
- Reasonable development of new residential areas and business centers that will benefit all Surrey residents.
Committees & Community Groups (Surrey & Metro Vancouver)
- Finance Committee
- Police Committee
- Culture Development Advisory Committee (Vice-Chair)
- Surrey Heritage Advisory Committee (Chair)
- Library Board
- Transportation & Infrastructure Committee
- Mayor's Business Advisory Committee
- Crime Justice/Advocacy - Surrey Board of Trade
- Metro Vancouver Board of Directors (Alternate)
- Metro Vancouver Utilities Committee
Member of the Cloverdale Rotary Club, having held various positions, including the presidency. I have been involved in fundraising initiatives that support community groups through grants and overseas charitable campaigns. I'm a member of the Cloverdale Legion, was formerly on the Board of Servants Anonymous, and am, currently, the Vice-chair of Options, a Community Services agency in Surrey. Through my job and volunteer work, I have had extensive involvement with the Cloverdale Chamber of Commerce, Cloverdale BIA and the Surrey Board of Trade.
I have written a monthly newspaper column focused on public safety in the Cloverdale Reporter for over five years.
Throughout my career, I have been immersed in the communities in which he served. While at Surrey detachment, I established a Police Community Consultative Group resulting in positive, constructive working relationships and open lines of communication between key community stakeholders, business groups and citizens. I have worked with citizens’ groups to establish a much needed facility for the homeless in Cloverdale.
For my efforts in creating a positive working relationship with the community, I was awarded the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Commemorative Medal in 2002 and the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Commemorative Medal in 2012. In 2006, I was named the Police Officer of the Year by the Surrey Board of Trade for community involvement.
Office Phone: 604-591-4349
To view Council Financial Statements please click here.