Bill Reid Named Good Citizen of the Year!
April 18, 2013
Surrey – Mayor Dianne Watts and Surrey City Council named Surrey’s Bill Reid this year’s Good Citizen of the Year Award last night at the City’s annual volunteer services celebration. The event was established by Surrey City Council and honours committee volunteers for their hard work throughout the year.
“We are very fortunate to have so many talented people contribute their time and energy to help build a stronger Surrey,” says Mayor Dianne Watts. “Bill Reid has been tirelessly serving our community for over five decades. He has demonstrated an exceptional commitment to our city and has spent most of his life working to enhance our business environment.”
Some of Bill’s legacies include:
- Executive Director of the Cloverdale Chamber of Commerce
- Cloverdale Kinsmen Club member since 1961
- Board Member on the Cloverdale Rodeo Board, the Surrey Heritage Society and the Fraser Valley Heritage Rail Society
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal recipient
- MLA for Surrey-White Rock-Cloverdale (1983 to 1991); and former Minister of Tourism
- Former President of the White Rock/Surrey Chamber of Commerce
- Former VP of the Cloverdale BIA
The Good Citizen award recipient is chosen by Council and is presented to a City of Surrey resident who has given outstanding services for the betterment of the community.
Paul Orazietti, the Executive Director of the Cloverdale BIA accepted the award last night on Bill’s behalf.
- 30 -
Senior Communications Specialist
Office of the Mayor