Location & Access
Surrey is the largest city in Metro Vancouver, at 317.2 square kilometres. Every year, 2000 new businesses on average choose to locate in Surrey.
These businesses have chosen us as an ideal location for business - we're centrally located in the Lower Mainland, strategically positioned at the trading crossroads of Greater Vancouver, and conveniently bordered with the United States. It also helps that we're a Gateway to the Pacific Rim.
Our key business advantages
- Regional market access – Central location within Metro Vancouver (Website. New window)
- Asia Pacific market access – Federal, Provincial and City investment into infrastructure including South Fraser Perimeter Road (SFPR) provides improved connection to 2 ports
- Port Metro Vancouver and Sea Shipping –Fraser Surrey Docks (Website. New window) can accommodate Panamax deep sea vessels; SFPR will provide improved connection to Deltaport
- US Border access – Surrey has two Canada/US border crossings, including Canada’s second busiest commercial border crossing
- Rapid Transit to Downtown Vancouver – Surrey’s three skytrain stations provide access (35 minutes) to downtown Vancouver
- Well developed highway and road network – Trans Canada Hwy 1, Hwy 99, Hwy 91 and Hwy 15
- Access to 2 International Airports – Vancouver International Airport (Website. New window) and Abbotsford Airport (Website. New window) within 35 minutes
- Rail access – Intermodal yard services CP Rail, CN Rail, Burlington Northern & Southern