Request for Proposals
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The City of Surrey and its project partners is seeking an experienced labour market consultancy to conduct research to identify and address the labour market and human resources requirements of the Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Economy (AMIE) in the City of Surrey and the Greater Vancouver region.
The Consultant will project manage, deliver, and implement the following activities:
- Conduct a comprehensive literature review on AMIE labour market challenges with emphasis on skill shortages and labour market policies by September 30th 2017;
- Conduct at minimum six focus groups of AMIE industry in Greater Vancouver Region and Surrey by region and constituent sector by October 31st 2017;
- Conduct at least ten key informant interviews with experts knowledgeable with AMIE actions and initiatives from Canada and internationally by October 31st 2017;
- An Interim Strategy Report for review and approval by the Steering Committee by January 31st 2018; and
- Final strategy report that will be published online for the public by March 30th 2018.
RFP document for download:
Innovation Economy Labour Market Strategy (.pdf)
Schedule C - Form of Proposal (.doc)
Addendum No. 1 (.pdf)
Issue Date: March 10, 2017
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this RFP, the City Representative will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFP. It is the responsibility of Proponents to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFP may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFP or may be relied upon by any Proponent. By delivery of a Proposal, Proponent is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFP, including any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this RFP should be directed in writing to the person named below.