Currently, Economic Development is working on several initiatives to promote the Creative Arts Sector. The Creative Industries include a wide variety of industries in sectors such as Advertising and Marketing, Architecture, Crafts, Design, Film, IT, Publishing, Galleries and the Arts.
Surrey has a wealth of creative talent and organizations in these sectors, including:
- Emerging talent from both Simon Fraser University and Kwantlen Polytechnic University,
- Established events and festivals taking place in the City,
- Local artists, organizations, businesses and entrepreneurs,
- City infrastructure for the success of the Arts
The City is working to highlight the resources available to residents, artists and entrepreneurs through the ‘Cultural Corridor’ initiative. The Cultural Corridor aims to:
- Facilitate ease of access for citizens,
- Allow for collaboration and synergy with artists and groups,
- Help draw investment and entrepreneurs,
- Showcase events and public art exhibits.
See theto see what's happening.