Request for Applications for Standing Offer Agreements
The purpose of this SOA is to establish a formalized agreement(s) with one or more publications for predominant volumes of local community newspaper(s) advertising. The City is requesting Applications for committed advertising rates, distribution volumes, placement and value-added services.
To provide all City departments with consistent standardized pricing, so that departments may then make use of the price Application when conducting their advertising campaigns.
SPECIFIC TERMS REQUESTED OF THE NEWSPAPER
1. Costing structure defining advertising rates including any proposed value-added provisions.
2. Proposed page placement for the 'City Page' advertising feature, Council Greetings advertisements, and devoted full-page advertising features related to City Services (non-statutory). Forward page placement is preferred.
3. Basic advertising layout and design assistance/enhancements with submitted advertisements. Assistance/enhancements should be in accordance with the City Graphic Standards guidelines and templates as supplied.
4. Indexing (or toe lugs), for predominant advertisement features such as City Page.
5. Demonstrated assurances that circulation area covers the entire City of Surrey.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
1. Publication of local City statutory and informational advertising as directed by the City in accordance with the specification and format provided by the City or as may be determined in consultation with Applicant.
2. Layout and graphic design relating to advertising
RFA-SOA Document for download:
Newspaper Advertising (.pdf)
Schedule C - Application Form (.doc)
If the City determines that an amendment is required to this Request for Applications for Standing Offer Agreement (RFA-SOA), the contact person will issue a written addendum by posting it on the BC Bid Website at www.bcbid.gov.bc.ca (the “BC Bid Website”) and the City Website at www.surrey.ca (the “City Website”) that will form part of this RFA-SOA. It is the responsibility of Applicants to check the BC Bid Website and the City Website for addenda. The only way this RFA-SOA may be added to, or amended in any way, is by a formal written addendum. No other communication, whether written or oral, from any person will affect or modify the terms of this RFEOI/SOQ or may be relied upon by any Applicant. By delivery of an Application, Applicant is deemed to have received, accepted and understood the entire RFA-SOA including, any and all addenda.
All inquiries related to this request for Applications for Standing Offers ("Request") should be directed in writing to the person named below.