Business Licensing Statistics
The City of Surrey is committed to fostering a positive business environment and helping businesses succeed. View the charts and tables below to see the breakdown of existing and new business licenses in Surrey.
- There are overall 16,000 businesses in Surrey.
- Commercial & Industrial businesses account for 55% of all businesses in the City.
- Newton makes up 32% of all businesses and 35% of all commercial & industrial businesses in Surrey.
- South Surrey has the second largest business base with 17%.
- Followed by Retail at 25%, Professional, Scientific & Technical Servcies make up 14% of the businesses in Surrey.
- Manufacturing & health businesses make up 13% each.
- On average, Surrey has 2,000 new businesses to the City.
- In 2015, Surrey had 2,300 new businesses locate to the City.
- Newton accounted for 33% of all new businesses to Surrey.
- South Surrey accounted for the second largest Town Centre for new businesses at 15%, followed by Cloverdale at 13%.