Surrey.ca website organization
In September 2012, we asked for your help to organize Surrey.ca in a way that makes sense to you. In response to your feedback, we have reorganized information on surrey.ca.
We made 2 big changes in our reorganization. First, the Bylaws section is under City Government. Second, Plans & Strategies is now called Community.
Bylaws section moving under City Government
After our re-organization, you'll find:
- Bylaws & Policies under City Government,
- Licence forms under City Services,
- Animal Control under City Services, and
- Parking under City Services.
Plans & Strategies section becoming Community
Plans & Strategies are important. But, after hearing feedback through connecting on social media, seeing how many people are engaging with Surrey, and reviewing website testing results, you told us there was a really important section missing on surrey.ca - Community.
In Community, you'll find your opportunity to see what other residents and businesses are doing to build our community, and what you can join the City of Surrey on to continue to develop the greater Surrey community.
Here, you'll find:
- Build Surrey
- City Beautification
- Community Safety & Crime Reduction
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Environment (eg, Trees, Wildlife & Habitats, Streams & Water Quality, Fish)
- Grants & Awards
- Gifts & Donations
- Healthy Community
- Heritage Planning
- Social Planning
- Sustainability & Energy
You'll also find content in the Plans & Strategies tab under more intuitive sections
- Engineering Infrastructure under City Services
- Financial Plans & Annual Report under City Government
- Land Use Plans & Policies under Land Development
- Parks, Recreation & Culture Plans under Culture & Recreation
Contact us by email at email@example.com if you have any questions or feedback on the new organization on surrey.ca, or if you have a suggestion of another move that would help you find content when you want it, where you want it.
Website improvements from feedback
Your website feedback has already driven change on surrey.ca. The latest feedback-driven updates include
- improved search,
- redesigned Report a Problem or Submit a Request feature,
- searchable events calendar,
- improved online registration and search for activities and programs.
Feel free to send along any additional comments or suggestions for what you'd like to see on surrey.ca.
Thanks for your help!